(image from YSL website)
I was sent this a few days ago for review and even though I’ve only worn this a few times I feel I can review it.
Many of you may know from previous posts that I love Max factor and L’Oreal mascaras, Max factor for waterproof and L’Oreal for normal mascara.
I think this retails for around the £25 mark but I know for a fact many department stores are selling it for £20. I have the black shade called ‘Fetish Black’ (got to love the name right?)
When I got sent this I got really excited I’ve never owned anything from YSL before and they packaging looks really fancy but when I first put it on it was a little disappointing. Instead of saying all I don’t like about it I’m going to say what I like and dislike about it and then move on to tell you a list, yes a list of better and more affordable mascaras that do the same thing.
What I like:
– The wand gets all of your lases even the little baby lashes you get in the inner corners.
– You can do your bottom lashes with out getting mascara everywhere.
– The wand doesn’t get overloaded.
What I don’t like:
– The price. £20-£25 for something you have to throw away after three months is silly money.
– The volume….It doesn’t really give any just makes your lashes black
– It clumps a bit, Some people like clumps but I hate them.
I recommend this mascara if you already have long lashes as it gives your lashes a defined look but just doesn’t give much volume if your lashes are short like mine.
Maraca’s that do the same if not better:
– Collection (2000) skyscraper mascara
– 17 doll’d up mascara
– L’Oreal telescopic mascara
– Maybelline the falsies
all the above mascara’s above cost under £12 and I think their worth more than the YSL one. The only nice thing about the YSL one is the name and the fancy packaging so it’s safe to say I will not buy it again and for that my bank account will be grateful. I really don’t know why this product was to ‘hyped’ up.